top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Who are you ordained by and where is your church?


I am ordained through American Marriage Ministries as a non-denominational minister (Minister ID: 567991). Although I am registered as a minister, I am not a practicing one. If fact, I identify as a Celebrant who is still spiritual by nature, but more humanistic than religious. 


Can we personalize our ceremony?


Absolutely as this is what Seaside Ceremonies is all about. I want your ceremony to be a reflection of your relationship, your promises and your beliefs. No request is overlooked. I am happy to draft, edit and remake any and all portions of your ceremony to be a one of a kind piece of work for you.


What if we aren’t religious?


Non-religious ceremonies are always an option and no mention of a higher power is required.  In fact, this is my specialty.  I can work with you as a couple to make your ceremony reflect your beliefs without the mention of a higher power. We focus on the love and bond between the two of you.


What’s the difference between Non-religious and Non-denominational?


Non-religious ceremonies have no mention of a higher power and focus more on the union of marriage and the connection between two people.  Non-denominational ceremonies can be spiritual in nature but do not reflect a certain religion (Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Islamic, etc.).


We have children; can they be a part of the ceremony?


Yes, of course. Making children a part of the ceremony is an excellent way to showcase the coming together of two families into one. I can work with you on how to do this.


What do you wear as the officiant?


I can either wear a simple black dress, optional robe-like cardigan, a black pant suit or if you have something else in mind, let me know. If your wedding is themed, has specific color schemes you would like me to reflect or in a location where you would rather I wear something else, please let me know and I will work with you on it.


Do you stay for the reception?


For most weddings, I do not stay for the reception as my services are completed at the end of the ceremony portion of your day. As a couple, it is your decision whether you would like me to stay for the reception or not. Never feel obligated to invite me as it’s certainly not required. Since I may have multiple weddings in a given day, I may not be available to stay.  However, if you would like me to stay, please extend a formal invitation directly.


How much do your services cost?


Complete packages start at $695, which can be customized to fit your service requests.


If you decide you would like to book my services, a 50% non-refundable retainer is required to hold your wedding date and time. The remainder of the balance is due no later than 7 days before the wedding is to proceed.  I accept cash, check, Venmo (@seasideceremonies), or bank transfer/debit card/credit card via Honeybook.


What if we need to reschedule/cancel?


A rescheduling fee of $50 will be charged if the ceremony date OR time is moved.  If you are required to cancel my services, the initial retainer to secure your wedding date and time is non-refundable. If you cancel within 30 days, I require the contract be paid in full.  Once your date and time is secured, I have to turn down other couples. 

What type of ceremony qualifies for the Elopement Discount?

A true elopement is minimal and easy going. Think about last minute, running away together style. This means there is no ceremony site set up: no chairs, no arches, no floral arrangements, no music and no aisle. There is no processional or recessional.  It's just the couple, a handful of people: 10 or less guests, the officiant and maybe a photographer. We use public locations such as a local beach or park or a private backyard to hold the ceremony. The idea behind an elopement is less stress and less mess, focusing on the importance of the moment and how it can be created with one another and a few choice words. In order to qualify for the Elopement Discount, you must have 10 or less guests with no ceremony site set up.

What about the rehearsal? Should we have one and will you be there?

If you have more than 7 people involved in your ceremony processional and recessional, I would recommend a rehearsal. This includes your wedding party, parents, grandparents, ring bearers, flower girls or anyone else involved directly before or after the ceremony. It is always a good idea to make sure everyone is on the same page and aware of the expectations and roles of the day. Things to go over include timing, pace, hand placement, physical positions, and more.

My attendance of the rehearsal is NOT included in the ceremony packages and requires an additional add-on. If you are getting married at a venue, they may provide a coordinator to direct the rehearsal for you or you may have hired a planner or day of coordinator to assist you. In these cases, my presence is not necessary as my role tends to be very straightforward and familiar. If there is something unusual about the ceremony, the coordinator will inform me the day of. If you would feel more comfortable with me at the rehearsal, I do require a $150 attendance fee plus travel.

If you would like me to organize and direct the rehearsal, my Set Sail package is $200 and includes a rehearsal questionnaire to go over details of your processional and recessional, organization and directing of the rehearsal for one (1) hour, and travel to the location of up to 50 miles round-trip from zip code 93003.

Do you do out-of-town weddings?


Yes! Ceremonies out of town will incur additional costs of $2.00 per mile over 50 miles round-trip from Ventura (93003) and additional cost of lodging (at cost) and meals ($50 a day) if an overnight stay is required (100+ miles from Zip Code 93003).


What about the marriage license?


Before your wedding day, you will need to obtain a marriage license. You may apply and purchase a marriage license from any county in the state of California.  


In Ventura County, you can go to the Ventura County Recorder’s Office (bottom floor of the Administration building).

The address is:

800 South Victoria Ave

Ventura, CA 93009

You can schedule an appointment by calling (805) 654-2263.


There is a fee of $105 for a public license ($118 for confidential) by cash, check or credit card. Every California county charges different amounts but it's some where around $100.  Both parties will need to be present and have a government issued ID. The license is only good for 90 days so make sure it’s no more than 2-3 months before your wedding date.


Once you have your license, make sure to give it to me BEFORE the wedding. It must be physically on site for the duration of the ceremony.  Once I've received it, I’ll be in charge of the license from that point on. Immediately after the ceremony, I’ll have the witness(es) sign if necessary (you are required to have at least one but can have up to two for Public Licenses), I will fill in and sign myself and then will either personally submit the license or mail it certified to file it with the Recorder’s Office within the given 10 day time period.


After the license has been recorded, certified copies of the marriage certificate will be available from the Recorder’s office for a fee. In Ventura County, the fee is $17.00 per certificate.


Ventura County Recorder Information:

How do I legally change my name?


On the bottom of the marriage license is a section dedicated to changing your name. Make sure you fill this portion out with your new name. After the license is submitted (by me) and recorded, you must obtain a copy of the marriage certificate. I suggest getting at least 2 certificates which will be required to change your social security card, driver’s license and passport. Also remember to change insurance, bank accounts, credit cards and bills.

bottom of page